Tuesday 31 January 2012

To my morning cup of coffee:

We've been apart for almost 3 weeks now and I haven't missed you at all. I haven't missed the way that others sometimes made you bitter and unpleasant to be around. I haven't missed the way that you turned cold whenever my children wanted my attention. I haven't missed the drain you placed on my budget and the queasiness you gave me first thing in the morning. I haven't missed lying awake at night or and feeling like death in the mornings.


But today I have missed you. Today, when I face the consequences of staying up too late last night and being woken far too early this morning by my precious boys. Today, when I struggle to be nice and my early-rising boys are likewise grumpy. Today, when the hours creep by slowly and just want to go hide in my room until Franky gets home. Today I miss you.

 
Linking up with Jess @ Diary of a SAHM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...